Why Should I Participate in CAST 2014?
Your art and contact listing will be seen in 20,000 CCAS Open Studios Tour Guides which includes: Your name, studio information, one color image, website address, and studio location clearly marked on a pull out map. Tour Guides are distributed to over 300 locations throughout the greater Sacramento region and outlying areas and are kept as a year round guide for patrons and curators.
3. Your art is eligible to be selected for the Guide’s cover or inside dividers.
4. One piece of your artwork will be exhibited at VERGE Center for the Arts as part of the Tour’s official exhibition, and will be on display for the Artist Reception Opening Gala as well as throughout the tour.
5. Exposure to gallery owners, art consultants and designers who attend this event searching for new talent for their collectors and clients. CAST is attended by people from all over the Sacramento and outlying regions.
6. Direct exposure to art patrons. Thousands of dollars worth of art are sold during the Tour each year directly to people who visit open studios. Many sales happen after the Tour, too. 100% of any studio sales go to you, the artist. Organizers do not take a commission.
7. Build your mailing list. When art enthusiasts make the effort to choose to visit your studio, most sign up for your mailing list to keep in touch and support you throughout the year and your career as an artist. This is one of the best ways to add names to your mailing list.
8. Show your work! This is an opportunity to get feedback on your current work. The supportive experience of sharing your work with Tour goers can be so informative to your process as an artist.
9. Two free art marketing classes taught by marketing professionals on how to market your artwork and prepare to make the most of your open studio event. Valued at $150.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 6-8pm
Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 6-8pm
10. Access to two professional curators. They will each review all participants’ work and select a group of artists to highlight in the Guide, website and social media as the Tour they’d like to take. Curators:
Rachel Teagle, Executive Director, Jan Shrem and Maria Manetti Shrem Museum of Art
Donna Napper, Curator, San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
11. Free admission to the CAST Kick-off Gala.
12. It’s fun!